The Executive Viewpoint
There have been plenty of discussions about how to measure and demonstrate the value of Product Management within companies. From posts on other sites:
- VP of Engineering has a mandate. You need one too.
- Product Management Metrics (part 1)
- Proiduct Management Metrics (part 2)
and from a recent roundtable at the October Seattle ProductCamp, there’s an obvious challenge for the profession.
I decided to follow the prescribed Product Management protocol – I went out and talked to my customers. Here’s the feedback from some senior executives running technology companies to the following questions:
1) What is Product Management's overall value to your company? (See Part 1 at On Product Management)
2) How would you measure success for the group or individuals? (See Part 2 at On Product Management)
3) Is Product Management effective, in your experience? (See Part 3 at On Product Management)